Self-Assist Toilet Aid
The Self-Assist Toilet Aid is an elegant solution for those who need help in the bathroom and want to stay independent. The Toilet Aid itself holds the tissue in place for wiping.
Self-Assist Toilet Aid
The Self-Assist Toilet Aid is an elegant, dignified solution for those who need help in the bathroom. The Juvo Self-Assist Toilet Aid with Caddy has two parts. The first part is the Toilet Aid itself, which holds the tissue in place for the wiping function. The second part is the Caddy, which is a respectful, dignified holder for the Toilet Aid. Both parts are easy to clean with warm, soapy water. This toilet wand provides the reach needed for those with limited mobility.
- Easy Squeeze Trigger locks in place once tissue is inserted between two front pads
- Actuator, release button can be pushed in either of two positions to release tissue
- Soft ergonomic handle fits any size hand
- No screw holes, seams or joints for easier cleaning and hygiene
- Soft curve for easy access from front or back, depending on condition. Consult with physician or occupational therapist for best application
- Patent Pending design
- Caddy provides dignified storage solution after cleaning
- Length 18”
This patent-pending new product has been developed from concept to finish based on in-depth study by Juvo’s designers, engineers and occupational therapists into the needs of people who need toileting assistance. A growing number of people need assistance wiping in the bathroom due to very limited upper body mobility. Often this limited mobility is due to an accident, surgery, stroke or other debilitating condition Juvo’s team understands these conditions and has developed the ideal toileting aid to help The Juvo Self-Assist Toilet Aid is simple to use and designed to help you wipe from both the front and back, depending on condition. The soft ergonomic handle fits any size hand. The easy squeeze trigger locks in place once tissue is inserted between two front pads. The release button can be pushed in either of two positions to release tissue.
What Does it Do:
This wiping aid extends the reach for users with limited mobility or range of motion allowing them to safely, effectively complete the wiping function. The Juvo Self-Assist Toilet Aid is a dignified solution that allows the user to perform the toileting function without assistance, promoting self sufficiency. The caddy provides a simple, elegant storage solution for the wiping aid after cleaning.
How to Use It:
- Gather 2-3 sheets of tissue or one wipe into a ball. Do not use more than the recommended amount of tissue or wipes at one time.
- Place tissue or wipe between the two halves of the tip – so that most of the tissue or wipe sticks out the top.
- Squeeze up on the trigger-handle to lock tip in place.
- Self-Assist Toilet Aid is designed to help you wipe from the front or the back depending on need or condition. Consult with your physician or Occupational Therapist before use.
- After wiping, push release button in either of two locations on top of trigger handle to discharge the tissue or wipe.
- Repeat as needed.
- Clean with warm soapy water.
- Store toilet aid in caddy.
Self-Assist Toilet Aid
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will this product work with moist wipes instead of toilet tissue?
A: Yes. Juvo recommends using “flushable” wipes. The Self-Assist Toilet Aid is designed to work with both toilet tissue and wipes.
Q: How long is it?
A: The toileting wand is 18”.
Q: How do you load the toilet tissue?
A: Instructions come with the product. Please also watch the product video on this page. Simply gather 2-3 sheets of tissue into a ball. Place the ball of tissue between the two pads at the front of the product. Make sure that most of the tissue is sticking out the top. Squeeze up on the trigger handle until it clicks and locks the tissue in place. When done wiping, press the actuator, or release button in either of two positions. This will release the soiled tissue. Repeat as necessary.
Q: Why are there two release buttons or actuator positions on the toilet aid?
A: This product is specifically designed to be used both from the front and the back, depending on condition. Juvo took many mobility situations into account when designing this product solution. Depending on where a person may be injured or ailing, their reaching needs may be different. Please consult with your physician or occupational therapist before using, for best application.
The release button on the top, forward blue section provides one-handed release from the back, rear position. The release button on the top of the blue handle area is designed for one-handed use from the front position.
Q: How do I clean the toilet wand and caddy?
A: Both the toileting wand and caddy are easy to clean with warm soapy water.
Q: Is this product sold with and without the caddy?
A: Yes. Juvo sells the Self-Assist Toilet Aid by itself and the Self-Assist Toilet Aid with Caddy.
With Caddy, Without Caddy