ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP Machine
The ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP Machine is one of the most popular and widely used CPAP machines by insurance providers and private pay. Includes Climate Line Tubing for heated air, along with water reservoir humidifier tub for an improved sleeping experience. AutoRamp and AutoAdjusting air pressure features allow you to fall asleep at lower air pressure levels and automatically ramp up to necessary airflow levels while sleeping. Prescription required for purchase.
ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP Machine
The ResMed AirSense 10 is one of the world’s most widely used series of CPAP and APAP machines, each designed to deliver high-quality therapy for a better night’s sleep. Every AirSense 10 machine includes a wide range of features designed to deliver comfortable therapy, as well as myAir access to help you stay on track throughout your sleep apnea treatment journey. The ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP Autoset is auto-adjusting machines that change airflow pressure levels throughout the night based on your needs.
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoAdjust Features:
- The quiet Easy-Breathe™ motor makes for a peaceful environment for the patient and their bed partner.
- Expiratory pressure relief (EPR™) maintains the optimal treatment for the patient during inhalation and reduces pressure during exhalation.
- SmartStart™ allows the patient to start therapy by breathing in, instead of pressing the ‘Start’ button.
- Pulse oximetry monitoring is available.
- Integrated humidification simplifies setting up the device and makes therapy easier for your patients.
- Using AirView™, you can access nightly therapy data, troubleshoot remotely (using the remote assist feature) and change device settings remotely.
- The user-friendly controls, intuitive interface and color LCD screen make it simple to navigate menus and customize comfort settings.
- Built-in ambient light sensor adjusts brightness of the screen based on the light in the room and turns off automatically.
- AutoAdjust Pressure Levles 4-20
*Prescription Required for Purchase*
AutoRamp with sleep onset detection delivers a low pressure to help you fall asleep with ease.
Once you are asleep, it comfortably ramps up the pressure to ensure the prescribed level is delivered the moment they need it.
MyAir is an online support program and app that automatically sends your therapy data to your computer or smartphone.
It lets you know how you slept the night before and provides personalized coaching tips and encouragement to help you stay on track with your therapy.
Connectivity Comes Standard
With each AirSense 10 device offering built-in cellular technology, you get unprecedented access to therapy data and remote access to device settings, helping you to be more connected with your patients and even more efficient in your business.
How the ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP Machine Work
- CPAP Machine pushes air through the tubing to the mask
- Mask (frame, cushion and headgear) allows pressurized air to enter the airway
- Humidifier adds moisture to the air you breathe
90w power supply unit provides continuous power
Filters are used to keep allergens out of the airflow
- Use the MyAir App to track your sleep progress and monitor your nightly reports
What Comes in My ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP Box
Frequently Asked Questions - ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP Machine
If you have any questions regarding setting up your ResMed CPAP Machine, first call the medical supply store where you purchased it from for immediate help.
How to access your comfort settings on the AirSense 10:
On your AirSense 10 machine, rotate the dial to highlight My Options and press the dial to see your current settings. From here, you can personalize your options.
The humidifier moistens the air and is designed to make your therapy more comfortable. With the Climate Control Auto setting, both temperature and humidity are automatically preset at levels designed for maximum comfort. If you have a ClimatelineAir ™ heated tube, all you have to do is plug it in and press Start. Note: ClimatelineAir heated tubing is required to use Climate Control Auto.
You can also manually set the Humidity Level to Off or between 1 and 8, where 1 is the lowest humidity setting and 8 is the highest humidity setting.
- If you’re getting a dry nose or mouth, turn up the humidity.
- If you’re getting any moisture in your mask, turn down the humidity.
How to adjust humidity:
- In My Options, turn the dial to highlight Humidity Level and then press the dial.
- Turn the dial to adjust the humidity level and press the dial to save the change.
Ramp Time is the period during which the pressure increases from a low start airflow pressure to your prescribed treatment pressure. You can set your Ramp Time to Off, 5 to 45 minutes or Auto. When Ramp Time is set to Auto, the device will detect when you have fallen asleep and then gradually increase to the prescribed treatment pressure.
How to adjust Ramp Time:
- In My Options, turn the dial to highlight Ramp Time and then press the dial.
- Turn the dial to adjust the ramp time to your preferred setting and press the dial to save the change.
A CPAP prescription is required for purchase of an AirSense 10 CPAP Machine by ResMed. Cost and coverage vary by insurance provider and plan. Once your doctor has provided you with a prescription, contact your insurance provider to learn more about what’s covered under your plan. Independently Yours Medical Supply does not bill insurance. The ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP Machine is available for out of pocket/private pay purchase at Independently Yours Medical Supply, as long as a prescription is present.
If you are having issues with your CPAP machine first contact the store where you picked up your CPAP mask and machine. Independently Yours Medical Supply staff will help you walk through setting adjustments, help trouble shoot common problems, speak to the manufacturer on your behalf, and carries replacement filters, masks, hoses, humidifier reservoirs and other essential cpap supplies. Getting used to your CPAP therapy can be challenging and there may be different equipment options that will work better for your personal comfort needs, so don’t hesitate to reach out!
You should clean your machine weekly.
How to clean your CPAP machine
Time it takes: 5 minutes
Supplies you’ll need to clean your machine:
- Sink or tub
- Warm, drinking-quality water (86°F / 30°C)
- Mild soap
- Clean towel
Weekly step-by-step cleaning tips:
- Unplug the machine. Wash the water tub and air tubing in warm water using mild detergent. Do not wash in a dishwasher or washing machine.
- Rinse the water tub and air tubing thoroughly and allow to dry out of direct sunlight and/or heat.
- Wipe the exterior of the device with a dry cloth or towel.
The NuWave CPAP Sanitizer and Zoey CPAP Cleaning System are two of the preferred and safest machines for cleaning your ResMed AirSense 10. They are easy to use and do not damage or cause harm to your CPAP machine. No water or soap needed, and kills up to 99.9% of germs and bacteria. No additional adapters are needed, and are compatible with ResMed and all other major CPAP brands.
It’s important to regularly inspect, clean and replace your CPAP supplies which can be affected by dirt and general wear. You should regularly check the water tub, air tubing and the air filter for any wear or damage.
Here are some replacement tips for your CPAP parts:
- Water tub:
- Replace if it begins leaking or has become cracked, cloudy or pitted.
- Replace if the seal is cracked or torn.
- Remove any white powder deposits using a solution of one-part household vinegar to 10 parts water.
- Air tubing:
- Replace if there are any holes, tears or cracks.
- Air filter:
- CPAP device air filters can wear out or become clogged over time, potentially exposing you to airborne particles, mold and bacteria. We recommend checking them twice per month.